Saturday, 15 May 2010

Shut down

I was getting excited to report that I'm back on the road, but apparently I got a little greedy. Saturday I tried upping everything, did an hour on the rollers in the morning then went to the track and rode an hour of tempo. I forgot how bumpy the track was but didn't think much of it at the time. Sunday I woke up and felt like I was hit by a truck. Everything hurt, shoulder included, and I was just exhausted. I guess it all just caught up with me.

So I learned my lesson, I'm back on the rollers now, and trying to rest more. It's easy to ignore the systemic stress of all this stuff, even just all those stupid pain drugs. If I had to do it all over again I would take as few drugs as possible, pain be damned, and just concentrate on sleeping the first week to maximize the healing. It's really not a big deal either way, I bet doing everything perfectly will get you maybe one or two extra days, I guess unless you go and really hurt yourself...

I did manage to mow the lawn one-handed today, and have been doing some coloring. Back to the basics. Music is also still just as good even without the narcotics. Here are some of the recent rock out songs. Be sure to listen to the first all the way through, it's a bit of a musical adventure, one that requires some patience at the beginning in order to get it good at the end.





No comments:

Post a Comment