Monday, 10 May 2010

The poetic retelling of a sad sad day

You silly rabbit,
four corner crits are for kids!
Why not give them twelve?

Dear turn number ten:
Why were you covered with oil?
Slow down jackasses!

I fell off my bike,
the pile of bikes broke my wing.
Fly in circles now.

First, second, fourth, sixth!
Sorry I wasn't there too.
Philly in four weeks.

Woke up this morning,
found out that a truck hit me.
At least I woke up.

There's an empty fridge,
empty house, empty dog bed;
when it rains it pours.

No more biking now.
Only yogurt, vegetables,
and hydrocodone.

Pitty party's done,
not sure what will take its place.
Suggestions welcome.

This one goes out to my bike:

1 comment:

  1. Damn... sorry Adrian. When you posted on Facebook I was hoping you were talking about Christian Vande Velde who seems to have done the same thing in today's Giro stage.

    I have never needed to overcome this kind of thing but one person who seems like they have an endless amount of positive attitude is Jennifer Wheeler:

    http://onesforwheeler.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete