Thursday, 8 April 2010

It begins

Leaving bright and early tomorrow morning to kick of the season good and proper. Short time trial on Saturday, then a 90min crit on Sunday. I might be the only guy on the team looking forward to the TT: 2.25mi, lots of flat, downhill, and turning, with one short, 18% kicker. I think it should be a good course for me, though I wouldn't mind if we did, say ten laps of it instead of just one. I'll have to channel some of the pursuit sensations from a few years ago. Take a look:



Sunday should be fairly straight forward for. We have a full team with lots of guys who can win the race. Podiuminsight.com put together a good preview of the race, and she got it right that we've got about 95% of the train dialed; and while that last 5% is always the hardest, once we click someone's going to have work awful hard to derail that train.

I can't say I'm sad to leave after a nice Seattle send off today, complete with about an inch of hail. Just like our leadout train, I snuck in about 95% of a ride without getting any of it. But that last 5% is what counts, and it turns out a few minutes of hail is all it takes to make me fly with a wet pair of shoes tomorrow. Womp womp.

Oh, and rocking out to Sharon Jones for the trip. Time for some summer music.

No comments:

Post a Comment